Fantastic MediaWikis - Track at Wikimedia Hackathon - CfPEdit
Author: Markus Glaser
"Fantastic MediaWikis and How to Maintain Them" is a one-day conference track designed for people who work with the open source software MediaWiki in their organisation, company or business. The conference track is curated by the MediaWiki Stakeholders Group and hosted by Wikimedia Austria.
The track is part of Wikimedia’s biggest annual tech-event, the [Wikimedia Hackathon https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017]: For three days each year, about 200 developers come together to improve MediaWiki. Among the participants are coders from the Wikimedia Foundation as well as volunteers from all over the world.
We’re using this opportunity to connect the people who work with MediaWiki in their enterprise, company, or organisation to the people who actually develop the code. We invite all MediaWiki stakeholders – power-users, maintainers, and service providers, who have a professional or semi-professional interest in the software – to join us for a day full of MediaWiki knowledge and networking!
This is a call for participation. We are specifically looking for contributions of your experience in running MediaWikis. These include but are not confined to:
- Use Cases. Tell us how and why you use MediaWiki in a specific area or to solve a specific problem.
- Best Practices. Talk about the most effective way you have found to use particular MediaWiki features.
- Enhancements. Have you improved MediaWiki to fit your needs? Show us your solution.
- Challenges. How can we all add to MediaWiki functionality? Do you have specific ideas you want to collaborate on?
Share your experience and submit a presentation here:
- 20th March 2017: Call for Participation opens
- 5th April 2017: Submission deadline
- 10th April 2017: Notification of acceptance
- 19th - 21st May 2017: Vienna Hackathon
We are looking forward to your submissions!