2016 annual report is outEdit
Author: Markus Glaser
|People: Markus Glaser,|
Once a year, the MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group issues a report on our activities. This report is part of our affiliate agreement with the Wikimedia Foundation. Highlights of this year's activities include:
- Continuation and improvement of MediaWiki user experience. We are striving to keep user experience of MediaWiki as consistent and integrated as possible for self-installed MediaWiki instances (see output).
- Exchange of experience among stakeholders, i.e. primarily people running MediaWiki as their platform. This was done in regular online and offline meetings as well as through our online platform at mwstake.org.
- WikiApiary. We took over maintenance of one major existing platform to gather usage statistics for MediaWiki instances and continued to support its editing community.
- Incorporation. Though we are not incorporated yet, becoming a legal entity is vital to achieving our goals. We have made great steps by clarifying the place and form of incorporation.
- Building a MediaWiki organisation. We explored the idea of creating a MediaWiki organisation and the path towards this goal.
You can read the full report on MediaWiki.org.