MediaWiki supports use of expensive data queries and page templates, which means that it can take noticable time to process uncached pages. To mitigate these costs, MediaWiki administrators should set up relevant caches.
- Manual:Configuration settings
- Performance guidelines
- The in-process RFC for Master & slave datacenter strategy describes "Some changes would be needed to MediaWiki development standards" related to caching, POSTs, job queues...
- Cache strategy (old)
- Wikimedia servers
- PHP caching and optimization
- Manual:File cache - Optional simplistic scheme for caching the rendered HTML of article pages.
- Manual:Varnish caching
- How do I purge a cached page?
- How do I completely disable caching?