|Message Cache: $wgMessageCacheType|
|Message cache setting
|Introduced in version:||1.5.0|
|Removed in version:||still in use|
|Allowed values:||(One of the CACHE constants (see below))|
|Other settings: Alphabetical | By function|
Message cache setting.
Here are the available CACHE constants, as defined in Defines.php
- CACHE_ANYTHING - Use anything, as long as it works
- CACHE_NONE - Do not cache
- CACHE_DB - Store cache objects in the DB
- CACHE_MEMCACHED - memcached, must specify servers in $wgMemCachedServers
- CACHE_ACCEL - APCu or WinCache whichever is available
If you set $wgMainCacheType then the values for $wgParserCacheType and $wgMessageCacheType will inherit it. You do not need to set those variables unless you plan on doing something very advanced.