LiquidThreads 3.0/Old object model/Discussion core
- This is part of the 2011 LiquidThreads redesign project
This page details the objects used in the core discussion module.
This class represents a topic, potentially on a discussion page. Its parent will usually be a Channel.
- The subject line for the topic.
- Sort key
- The key used for sorting this topic among others on the Channel.
This class represents a particular comment in a discussion. Its parent will usually be a Post or a Topic.
- The author of the post.
- Text ID
- A foreign key to the text table, a pointer to the comment text.
- The signature displayed at the bottom of the post.
- The timestamp displayed at the bottom of the post (different to the last-modified date).
This represents an editor-written summary of a Topic. A Topic may have one Summary, which is collaboratively edited. Its parent will usually be the Topic in question.
- Text ID
- A pointer to the comment text in the text table.
A Channel is comparable to a forum in traditional message-board software. It contains a number of Topics. For the initial release, a Channel will be associated with a single discussion page.
- The discussion page that displays this Channel.