🎂 is used to mark releases the team feels are worth celebrating and usually mark the end of a long line of work.
Dates should reflect a date the change went into production and generally correspond with that week's deployment train.
- Added instrumentation to Special:EditGrowthConfig (phab: T312148).
- Fixed an issue when deferred update 'MWCallableUpdate_GrowthExperiments\NewcomerTasks\TaskSetListener->run' failed to run (phab: T312544).
- Fixed an issue when we noticed a high frequency of "invalid source type" errors (phab: T312521).
- 🎂 Adapted GrowthExperiments to new Image Suggestions API (phab: T306032).
- Ended GrowthExperiments Welcome Email campaign (phab: T307985).
- Fixed a bug when some article cards displayed a reduced image instead of the placeholder image (phab: T311789).
- Fixed a bug when several edits tagged as "Add an image" edits did not add any image (instead, they only added a blank line) (phab: T311916).
- Fixed a bug when 'Suggested' label had no paddling (phab: T311467).
- Deleted rows for growthexperiments-homepage-suggestededits-topics-enabled user property (phab: T308309).
- 🎂 'Add a link' was deployed to the 4th round of Wikis (phab: T304548).
- Fixed a bug when the quality gate limit was reached, the user could proceed to the article but would see a "No suggestions found" dialog (instead of seeing a quality gate-specific dialog on Special:Homepage) (phab: T309768).
- Fixed the suggested edits bug (phab: T309926).
- Deployed 'add a link' back-end code for the 4th round of Wikis (phab: T304548).
- [Regression] Fixed a bug when 'View image details' link was missing for 'Add an image' (phab: T309152).
- Migrated growthexperiments-mentee-overview-filters to growthexperiments-mentee-overview-presets (phab: T304057).
- 🎂 Launched five new landing pages that will be used for the upcoming fundraising campaigns in Latin America, India, South Africa (phab: T305659).
- Remove ad-hoc code used for GLAM event campaigns (phab: T305443).
- 🎂 Created a template system so that new campaigns only require configuration to set up, with i18n handled via on-wiki system message overrides (phab: T307521).
- Released support of long section exclusion lists for link recommendations (phab: T308186).
- Fixed a bug for Hindi Wikipedia and Ukrainian Wikipedia where searching for hasrecommendation:link returned no results (phab: T304542).
- 🎂 Welcome emails marketing campaign: Growth team turned on the opt-in check box for receiving emails (phab: T307844).
- 🎂 Release of AND topic selection to pilot wikis task T305399
- Since initWikiConfig only works when deploying GrowthExperiments for the first time, and most wikis already have some Growth features, changeWikiConfig.php was updated to allow writing configuration sub-fields (phab: T306792).
- 🎂Launched new landing pages required for a new Marketing social media campaign. The goal of the campaign it to recruit new editors for Spanish Wikipedia via social media marketing (phab: T303785).
- Deleted `growthexperiments-mentor-id` properties from user_properties table (phab: T304461).
- Welcome emails marketing campaign: Added a checkbox to the Special:WelcomeSurvey that would permit us to send a celebratory welcome email with some tips and tricks for new users. We believe that sending an email like this would, if expanded, improve the activation and retention rate of new user accounts (phab: T303240).
- Welcome emails marketing campaign: Reserved a control group of users in the welcome emails experiment who will not receive emails. This will allow us to see whether sending the emails has an impact on key newcomer metrics, like activation, retention, and productivity (phab: T305015).
- 🎂Added a toggle to enable AND selection of interest topics for the GLAM events campaign (phab: T301825).
- Fixed a bug when the post-edit dialog was not shown for subsequent edits when the topic hasn't been selected (phab: T305057).
- Made special topics available for the GLAM events campaign (phab: T301029).
- Created GrowthExperiment database tables for all new Wikipedias (phab: T304052).
- Reverted the disablement of Growth's image recommendation on ptwiki (phab: T304095).
- Disabled Growth image recommendation on ptwiki, because it was discovered that an abusefilter disallowed all add an image edits made by the newcomers (phab: T302828).
- In preparation for the upcoming marketing campaign, added a checkbox to the Special:WelcomeSurvey that would give us permission to send a celebratory welcome email with some tips and tricks for new users (phab: T303240).
- In an upcoming marketing campaign, we plan to have landing pages with embedded videos. This task covered the creation of a landing page with a placeholder video for a proof of concept (phab: T302738).
- Deployed 'Add an image' to pt, fa, fr, and tr Wikis (phab: T302828).
- 🎂 Based on the successful RfC on English Wikipedia, we expanded the Growth features to 100% of new accounts with 10% also getting mentorship (phab: T302846).
- Fixed a bug when the additional confirmation dialog was shown when rejecting suggestion instead of allowing for a rejection to be submitted and showing the post-edit dialog (phab: T302463).
- 🎂 Enabled Growth features for 100% of new accounts on most Wikipedias (phab: T301820).
- 🎂 Deployed 'Add an image' to Spanish Wikipedia (phab: T301276).
- 🎂 At wikis where the Mentorship system is configured, mentors can now mark themselves as being away or quit, change their introduction or control the number of mentees they want to take care of (phab: T280307).
- 🎂 Add an image desktop project: enabled controlled experiment for the Add an image (desktop) deployment (phab: T298122).
- 🎂 Add an image desktop project: updated onboarding images for the desktop experience (phab: T298109).
- Deployed Growth features to pwn.wikipedia.org (phab: T298115).
- Created ability to deploy Mentor Dashboard module only on the pilot wikis (phab: T298792).
- Created a landing page for people who attended a special event organized by the Jordan Open Source Association and who were interested to create a new Wikipedia account to get help with editing (phab: T284740).
- Fixed a bug where mentees assigned to particular mentors were visible in other mentors' recent changes list (phab: T298031).