Frontend Architecture Working Group/Updates
The group decided on supporting Vue.js on MediaWiki as a front-end framework. Full report at task T241180
Week of 2019-10-07Edit
- Reading on Desktop improvements project
- Reading RFC:New Skin for Desktop Improvements Project
- Working group breaking into smaller work-teams
- Front-end frameworks: focusing on which framework, what the requirements are and the evaluation criteria
- Big Picture: Structuring the deliverables, what are the high level requirements?, what needs to change vs. what stays the same?
- What does migration look like?: Inventory of components/libraries/etc that need to be migrated. What would migration look like for each of these?
Week of 2019-09-30Edit
- Agreement on goal: "An overall architecture for where we want the frontend to go, and a plan for getting there that considers what can be done incrementally and which large changes need to happen all at once"
- Discussion of ways to split the group into smaller sub-groups for efficiency.
Week of 2019-09-25Edit
- Creation and review of each working group members' history of working on this issue
- Creation and review of document of pain points to pull out themes.
Week of 2019-09-18Edit
- Kick-off of working group
- Members reading on purpose and scope of working group
- Review of timelines