Exclude array not working for all pages with a : insideEdit
- This means special pages and categories.
- How can this be fixed? I am using the newest version of this extension and mediawiki 1.15.
--> i changed back to an older version of this extension and the page exclusion works properly!
- On my site it works with : but not with * inside the string. Solution: After the string
if($wgMpDisqusExclude != NULL && in_array($wgTitle->getFullText(), $wgMpDisqusExclude)) return true;paste the following:
if(strpos($wgTitle->getFullText(),'Special:')!==false) return true;to exclude all special pages --Jochen.fruehauf (talk) 14:59, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- This extension stops new page creation. You can no longer navigate to mywiki.com/newpage and create a new page. [This doesn't happen to me -stevevance.net/nishiki]
- The "exclude" action doesn't work for me. I've left in the exclusion array in my LocalSettings.php file the "*:*" and then I added "Special" to remove it from Special pages. The extension doesn't recognize these. -stevevance.net/nishiki
I got the following warning.
Warning: Missing argument 2 for onSkinAfterContent_AddMpDisqus1() in /home/public/extensions/MpDisqus/MpDisqus.php on line 54
- I changed line 54 to: function onSkinAfterContent_AddMpDisqus1(&$data, $skin=Null)
- Hi - fyi I fix the "Missing Argument 2..." by installing the Parser Functions extension.
I get the same "Missing Argument 2..." error. The first suggested solution breaks formatting on the Disqus box and the second does not work for me.
Didn't tried the first one, but installing 'parser fuctions' extention is of no use. --18.104.22.168 19:55, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Wildcards don't work for exclusionsEdit
I agree with the first poster that wild cards do not work for exclusions.
The code is doing a simple "in_array()" which is a literal match. It should instead be looping through the array, doing a preg_match() on each element.
Perhaps I'll try to do that, as it seems important to be able to exclude things like certain namespaces. In fact, the example ("*:*") looks like it is intended to exclude all namespaced pages, but all it will do with the current code is exclude a page that is literally named "*:*".
--Bytesmiths 20:15, 1 April 2011 (UTC)
FYI - Not working with gumaxdd skinEdit
I use the paul gu drop down menu skin on our site and this extension won't display. It does work when I change the skin. - site en.wikiaudio.org. btw - I noticed there is a way to change this using a hook but my php understanding is sparse so I am not clear how. :( 22.214.171.124 04:32, 9 May 2011 (UTC)
'Warning message' is coming, kindly helpEdit
Warning: Missing argument 2 for onSkinAfterContent_AddMpDisqus1() in /nfs/c04/h05/mnt/84423/domains/uidnumber.org/html/aadhar/w/extensions/MpDisqus/MpDisqus.php on line 54
When i installed the plugin on the wiki ( http://uidnumber.org/aadhar/wiki/Enrollment_camps_in_Panchkula_district ), a warning message is coming on the top. I have doubled checked and have replaced the code of MpDisqus.php twice, with the one given on the extension page. Kindly guide, how it can be resolved. --126.96.36.199 19:37, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
- Problem solved by changing line 54 to: function onSkinAfterContent_AddMpDisqus1(&$data, $skin=Null) --188.8.131.52 08:34, 27 June 2011 (UTC)
How to disable comments on redirect pagesEdit
- An alternative is to use the Disqus widget and to embed this in a PageFooter template on each page - this will not show on REDIRECT pages. Within the PageFooter template you can specify more conditions. See: http://fvue.nl/wiki/Embedding_MediaWiki_Disqus_widget_inside_page_footer_template -- Fvue 11:20, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
Feature Request: on-page exclusionsEdit
It would be wonderful to have something like the __NOTOC__ directive, so that if you put (for example) __NODISQUS__ on a page, that page would not do any Disqus stuff.
Sometimes, when our external network is slow, I'd like to temporarily disable Disqus on a page I'm working on, so that it doesn't go out to the WAN simply because i did a preview or save.
I realize pages can be excluded by listing them in LocalSettings.php, but it would be so much simpler if a page could declare itself excluded, since page editors generally don't have access to LocalSettings.php.
--Bytesmiths 07:31, 13 February 2012 (UTC)
--Pradeep Says -- Hello, I also followed the steps mentioned but ended up with Share your opinion on all the pages. I am able to get my disqus working via widget but not through PageDisqus. Am using MediaWiki 1.22
is there any soltution to that? All of my other extensions are working fine, I am using mediawiki 1.24. fahad.sadiq
-- SOLUTION -- Go to line 38 of PageDisqus.body.php and add a "/" after forums. The extension currently fails because it tries to load http://disqus.com/forumsSHORTNAME/embed.js and it should be http://disqus.com/forums/SHORTNAME/embed.js
I had a look at PageDisqus.body.php at line 38, but the '/' is already there. The correct code seems to be injected into the page, but it seems to be ignored by the browser. Any ideas?
- @184.108.40.206: I'd like to fix this, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand. The only script loaded by PageDisqus is loaded with a protocol-agnostic URL
src="//disqus.com/forums..."The fact that the protocol is omitted means that it should pick up the protocol of the parent site. Is this not happening? What tweak did you do, exactly? If you give me a little more info I should be able to fix this. Thanks! --Felipe (talk) 00:09, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
Keep getting error and no wikiEdit
After installing the extension i keep getting a warning (Voeg $wgPageDisqusShortname toe aan LocalSettings.php) and the wiki stops working. This is the entry in my localsettings: `##added 29170510 wfLoadExtension( 'PageDisqus' );
$wgDisqusShortname = 'mat54-wiki.disqus.com';`
The short URL is present so whats wrong???
$wgPageDisqusShortname='XXXXXXXX'; так надо $wgPageDisqusShortname='mat54-wiki';
Problem: Excluding Comment section on particular category pages and same comments on multiple pages.Edit
How can I exclude particular category pages because I only want comment section on the pages using a template. Even I have included the
to that template and since it is displaying in "data-after-content" section of MW.
same comments are displayed on multiple pages, even I have changed page identifier var name = document.getElementsByClassName("Head"); this.page.url = 'http://dev.mysite.com/' + name; // Replace PAGE_URL with your page's canonical URL variable this.page.identifier = name; // Replace PAGE_IDENTIFIER with your page's unique identifier variable
and embed this code in "Mediawiki.js" file.
How can I use SSO login in mediawiki?
Is this extension still current?Edit
This extension does not appear to be maintained. Is it current? Can it be used with the latest versions of Mediawiki?