So is ExtensionManager required or not? I modified LocalSettings.php but got a "missing dependency" error from the first few lines of MindMeister.php. But some of the text implies that if you are prepared to modify LocalSettings.php, then you don't need ExtensionManager...--Zabwung 23:40, 20 March 2009 (UTC)
- Well adding ExtensionManager also killed the wiki, so a bit screwed either way --Zabwung 15:39, 24 March 2009 (UTC)
Alternate Method for newer versions of MediaWiki using IframeEdit
Since MindMeister extension is not working (at least in the latest version), I found another way to embed a MindMeister Map. You need:
- Install iframe widget (http://www.mediawikiwidgets.org/Iframe). (you need the Widget extension installed in order to use iframe, but you will find all the information in the previous link).
- Go to MindMeister
- Open the mind map you want to embed
- Click “Share” at the bottom of the window (a popup window will appear)
- At the bottom of the share window you will find a checkbox to “link to share”, check it
- It will activate two links in the lower right of the window: “renew URL” and “embed map”
- Click “embed map”, a new popup window will appear with all the options you have in order to embed your map.
- Once you finish to configure the way you want to embed your map, in the lower frame you have the html code that you should use in order to embed your map. It will look something like this:
<iframe width="600" height="400" frameborder="0" src="http://www.mindmeister.com/maps/public_map_shell/123456789/your-mind-map-name?width=600&height=400&z=auto&t=XXXXXXXXXX" scrolling="no" style="overflow:hidden">Your browser is not able to display frames. Please visit the <a href="http://www.mindmeister.com/123456789/ your-mind-map-name?t= XXXXXXXXXX " target="_blank">mind map: Your Mind Map Name</a> on <a href="http://www.mindmeister.com" target="_blank">Mind Mapping - MindMeister</a>.</iframe>
Crear su propio <a href="http://www.mindmeister.com ">Mind Map</a> a MindMeister
- Select and copy the URL Source (the part that is highlighted in the example), from the first quotation mark (for this example: http://www.mindme........) until the next quotation mark (for this example: …..auto&t=XXXXXXXXX). Do no include the quotation marks
- Paste the URL in word or somewhere else, you are going to need it later.
- Go to the page you want to embed the MindMeister map and click edit
- Use the Iframe parameters, and paste the MindMeister map URL, like this:
- Save your editing and your MindMeister map should be there.
That's it!. I hope you find this information useful.