Release status: stable
|Description||Full-featured text editor, integrated into MediaWiki edit pages|
|Latest version||See current version|
|Download||Code (do not copy for installation)
Home (overview, installation, and recent changes)
|Example||Gadget on English Wikipedia. See the wikEd home and wikEd help page|
wikEd is a full-featured MediaWiki-integrated text editor that adds enhanced text processing functions to edit pages. Currently it works only for Firefox and other Mozilla browsers, Safari, and Google Chrome. wikEd is a complete rich-text pseudo-WYSIWYG editor and comes with many MediaWiki-specific features.
- Features include
- Wikicode syntax highlighting
- Pasting, import, and conversion of formatted text, e.g., from Microsoft Word and web pages
- Regular expression search and replace
- Edit preview and show changes on the same page without reloading
- Full-screen editing mode
- Single-click fixing of common mistakes
- History for summary, search, and replace fields
- Jump to selected heading
- Type-ahead find
- Support for many languages
- Improved diff display
- Follow links and wiki-links (ctrl-click)
- Runs automatically on every MediaWiki installation when installed as a local Greasemonkey user script
For a more detailed feature list, see wikEd features.
There are four ways to install wikEd:
- As a Gadget
- As a Userscript (User:YourUsername/common.js)
- As a site script (MediaWiki:common.js)
- As a Greasemonkey script
For details, see wikEd and wikEd installation.
wikEd is completely customizable, see wikEd customization.
Changes to LocalSettings.phpEdit
$wgAllowUserJs = true;" to LocalSettings.php
See the code (but please do not copy it, see wikEd installation).