This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Description||Manage user rights using a user list instead of one at a time|
|Latest version||0.54 (2016-07-20)|
The UserRightsList extension provides an alternative to the standard User rights management special page.
- Bureaucrats can view users as a list instead of searching for a specific user name
- Users with account creation privileges can view limited rights for other users they created, if user creation logging is enabled
- The user list can be filtered by group membership, username (with % wildcards), and/or date ranges for user_registration (by month).
User rights list will appear as a Restricted special page under Special:Specialpages if the user is logged in and has createaccount privileges. The page will determine whether the logged in user has 'userrights' rights (typically assigned to bureaucrats). If the user has 'userrights', they will see all users and will be able to assign them to all available groups. If the user only has 'createaccount', they will only see users that they have created, and will only be able to assign these to custom groups. In the screenshot, we have created a custom group called 'student'.
Long user lists are divided in pages using the usual paging system from query pages. User lists can also be filtered based on criteria controlled by the form at the top of the page. Filters:
- By group - select one of the available groups
- By username - this allows SQL wildcards that work with the LIKE operator. Thus, entering S% will find users whose usernames begin with S.
- user_registration after - find users whose user_registration is during or after a particular month
- user_registration before - find users whose user_registration is during or before a particular month
These can be used alone or in combination. For the date filters UserRightsList only displays the years when users have registered in the pulldown menu. The selection is ignored if a month is specified without a year.
- Copy the code into the respective files and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.