About this board
The Extension:Update will be developed in an iterative cycle. It is the hope that we can deliver working, value-added functionality in the short term while working towards a long term vision.
- When a new version becomes available,
- After downloading a file (probably do extensions first), you will be able to unpack it automatically. It will be important to ensure that the files are extracted into the specific Extension directory to ensure no security risks.
- It should be possible to enable or disable any extension from the administrator interface. At that point, it should also list all available extensions, not merely those enabled. This could be done by integrating with a configuration extension.
- It should be possible to jump to configuration details for any given extension. This could be done by integrating with a configuration extension.
- The first release will check MediaWiki versions and extension versions (through credits and mediawiki infobox)
- Later versions should allow you specify trunk/branch and compare your downloaded revision id against a repository (not necesarily MediaWiki)
- Later versions should allow you specify trunk/branch and compare your downloaded checkin hash against a repository (not necesarily MediaWiki). This is more complex because it's not a simple comparison, the repo needs to identify what is newer/older. It may be possible to lookup the current hash info vs the latest hash info and determine through secondary properties at that point what is newer.
User requested features
Please enter your user requested features below or express your support for a proposed feature. If you have a support request, please use the talk page instead.