Release status: stable
|Adds a popup dialog box for adding template code to wikitext.
|Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.
|Available on Wikimedia wikis (including this one).
|149 (Ranked 51st)
|Public wikis using
|907 (Ranked 293rd)
|Translate the TemplateWizard extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Open tasks · Report a bug
The TemplateWizard extension adds a popup dialog box for adding template code to wikitext. End-user help for this extension is located at Help:Extension:TemplateWizard.
- First install the TemplateData and WikiEditor extensions, and optionally CirrusSearch.
- Download and move the extracted
TemplateWizardfolder to your
Developers and code contributors should install the extension from Git instead, using:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/TemplateWizard
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'TemplateWizard' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Usage notes edit
TemplateWizard provides a visual dialog that helps editors insert templates in a guided manner. In order to do that, it uses the TemplateData information that can be provided with templates. It does work with templates that do not have TemplateData, but provides a much better experience if TemplateData is used. For this reason, it's a good idea to make sure your templates provide TemplateData. For more information on how to add TemplateData to your templates, please see this guide.
If the Extension:CirrusSearch is installed, then the template search form will display improved search results. Without that extension, template search is done as an exact prefix search on the template title.
See also edit
- Help:Extension:TemplateWizard – end-user help for this extension.
- Extension:TemplateData – the extension that provides the information about templates.
- Extension:WikiEditor – the extension that provides the editing toolbar.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages: