This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Link markup, Search, Special page|
|Description||Provides an easy configuration for shortening URLs using Yourls and Semantic MediaWiki|
|Author(s)||primarily by MarkAHershberger, then by Edlira Dushku in part as WikiTranslate|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Example||Long and short links to the same page:|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
The Surl extension provides a special page that helps create shortened URLs for wiki pages. The short link is added to a semantic property 'Surl' of BASEPAGEs manually. 'Surl's for the SUBPAGEs can be added automatically. The extension adds the short and long links of the page to a separate Yourls database. Primarily developed for use in WikiTranslate.org. Surl stands for Short URL.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
require_once "$IP/extensions/Surl/Surl.php"; $wgSurl = "/your/site/url/";
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- You can run "$IP/extensions/Surl/runSurl.php" once or setup a cron for it.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.