Release status: beta
|Description||Sends updates to any StatusNet / GNU social site of your choice for new articles or edits|
|Author(s)||Erkan Yilmaz, Singlespeedfahrer, Rohit Keshwani, Sage Ross|
|Latest version||2.0.0 (MW 1.19+)
1.3.3 (MW 1.16-1.18) (2014-08-01)
|Translate the Send2StatusNet extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
What can this extension do?Edit
This extension lets users push updates to any StatusNet / GNU social site of their choice whenever they make an edit (v1.3.3) or create a new page (v1.3.3 + v2.0.0) on the wiki. The messages are customizable and urls are shortened with either is.gd or ur1.ca.
Users input their username and password in the "Misc" section of "My preferences" (see picture below) and set some configuration parameters.
In the "Misc" tab of "My preferences", a user may input the username and password of their StatusNet (SN) / GNU social (GS) account and choose whether to send updates about new articles and/or edits to existing articles, plus selecting the service to shorten the URLs with.
wiki root url: if your wiki works in this URL format (http://YOURSERVER/wiki/index.php?title=) use it, and NOT this (http://YOURSERVER/wiki/)
Other configuration parameters are:
- Karma - only notify when you are lucky today
- depending on the dice there will be no dent with the page name, but a general link to the wiki instead + the tags #wiki and #karma will be added
- remove text from article titles
- (e.g. in my Mediawiki blog all my page names start with: Blog:Observations/ + since dents have a limit on text, this is useful)
API to useEdit
use for the API: http://YOURSERVER/api/statuses/update.xml
please consider: send each edit or only wiki articles ?Edit
If you select "Notify StatusNet site below every time you edit" you should be aware that in some cases this can "backfire" (e.g. spam, new users trying out something) + who knows you may get banned somewhere because of this :-(
I'd recommend to use first "Notify StatusNet when you start a new article".
how to enable other micro-blogging servicesEdit
Some of those SN/GS instances also offer a twitterbridge, so you can cross-post to twitter.
The API of SN/GS is very similar to that of friendica, so that should be addable with few efforts
changes to old versionEdit
This extension has following changes to Extension:SendToIdentica:
- one can post now to any StatusNet / GNU social site
- post only when the extension is activated, can be useful in cases of spam or test edits by new users
- remove text from article names (e.g. in my Mediawiki blog all my page names start with: Blog:Observations/ + since dents have a limit on text, this is useful)
- configuration of the extension is easier (it's now in your wiki preferences) + also can be done without shell access
- karma factor
- why did I implement this? software should also be fun :-)
- make URL shorteners also customizable in options (2 services offered)
tested versions so farEdit
version 2.0.0 was tested with (2014-08-01):
- MediaWiki 1.23.2
- StatusNet 1.0.1
version 1.3.2 was tested with (2011-10-14):
- MediaWiki 1.17.0
- StatusNet 1.0.1
The extension is set up in this wiki if you want to see it in action.
2014-08-01: version 2.0.0
- works in Mediawiki 1.23.2
- should probably also work in 1.19+, to be tested
- deactivated "Notify StatusNet site every time you edit"
- until I fix: "Fatal error: Call to a member function estimateRevisionCount() on a non-object in ..."
- new: add text at end
- e.g. I wanted my msgs only delivered to a certain SN/GS group (in my case in screenshot, it's the !testing group, so I added " !testing")
2014-08-01: version 1.3.3
- some minor changes
2011-10-14: version 1.3.2
- see here: add a 2nd URL shortener
since the existing one does not work anymore
- start with refactoring code
Please download/clone these files and place them in:
To install this extension, add the following to LocalSettings.php:
Send2StatusNet uses the GetPreferences hook and so requires MediaWiki 1.16 or later.
Note: This extension needs php-curl to work.
You can find:
for Mediawiki 1.19+: at v2.x branch
for Mediawiki 1.16-1.18: at v1.x branch
- Download the archive (over the download-button in the respective branches) or
- clone them:
- v2.x: git clone https://git.gitorious.org/send2statusnet/send2statusnet.git
- v1.x: git clone https://git.gitorious.org/send2statusnet/send2statusnet_v1_branch.git