Release status: stable
|Implementation||User interface, MyWiki|
|Description||Adds a link to user's personal sandbox to personal tools menu|
|Author(s)||Bartosz Dziewoński (Matma Rexmunozara)|
|Latest version||Continuous updates|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.|
|Quarterly downloads||95 (Ranked 80th)|
|Translate the SandboxLink extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The SandboxLink extension adds a link to user's personal sandbox to personal tools menu. The sandbox is assumed to exist, or will be created, at a "/sandbox" subpage of user's userpage. The extension accurately reflects the existence of the page (redlink, vs always-a-bluelink in the gadget) which will be useful for bringing it to the attention of newcomers. The extension also keeps the link available on restricted special pages (special:preferences and special:userlogin).
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'SandboxLink' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
This extension provides one configuration option:
- Whether to disable the functionality for anonymous users.
The sandbox link generated by this extension can be tweaked by modifying some system messages.
- (Default in English: "sandbox", varies per language)
- The name of user's subpage where the sandbox should be created. By default, the page used will be "User:Example/sandbox".
- Set this message to '-' to remove the sandbox link for all users.
- The value in wiki's content language will always be used, regardless of user's chosen language. If you're running a multilingual wiki, this can be overridden with the
$wgForceUIMsgAsContentMsgMediaWiki configuration setting.
- (Default in English: "Sandbox", varies per language)
- The label of the link in the user's personal toolbar.
- (Default in English: "Your sandbox", varies per language)
- The text contained in the "title" attribute of the link to the sandbox. This text is displayed when the user hovers their mouse over the link.
- (Default: '-')
- When the sandbox page does not exist, the page title to use for the 'editintro' and 'preload' parameters of the link. See Manual:Parameters to index.php#Options affecting the edit form. Not enabled by default.
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|This extension is included in the following wiki farms/hosts and/or packages:|