This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Tag, Special page|
|Description||Allows to integrate R and Octave output (raw, html and graphics) on pages|
|Author(s)||Sigbert Klinke (Sigberttalk)|
|Latest version||0.14_1 (2014-08-22)|
|MediaWiki||1.5.5 - 1.26.0|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
- R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. It needs to be installed (probably available in your Linux distribution) and in the PATH: the command
Rshould work on the command line.
- Optional: GNU Octave is a high-level interpreted language, primarily intended for numerical computations. It needs to be installed (probably available in your Linux distribution) and in the PATH: the command
octaveshould work on the command line.
- ImageMagick is a software suite to create, edit, compose, or convert bitmap images. It needs to be installed (probably available in your Linux distribution) and in the PATH: the command
convertshould work on the command line. If you enabled TeX then it should have been installed already.
You can obtain the extension at this offsite location.
The installation instruction are for version 0.14 of the extension. For earlier versions, please consult documentation for your version of the extension.
- Go to the extensions directory and
- either extract the downloaded files
- or clone it from GitHub
git clone https://github.com/sigbertklinke/R
- Add to the bottom of LocalSettings.php.
require_once( "$IP/extensions/R/R.php" );
- Create a directory
Rfilesin the root directory of your wiki
- Make it writable for the web server user (for Debian or Ubuntu
chown -R www-data:www-data Rfiles
- Initial installation can now be verified through Special:Version of your wiki.
- Further information can be found under Special:R page of your wiki.
All examples are done with version v0.10 of the extension. They may not work with other versions, please consult documentation for your version of the extension. For examples of the current version see the example page at the offsite location.