Release status: stable
|Description||Allow the wiki to become an OpenBadges issuer|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Quarterly downloads||4 (Ranked 159th)|
|Translate the OpenBadges extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The OpenBadges extension allows for Open Badges to be issued through MediaWiki.
- A badge can be created on the wiki, by anyone with the
createbadgeright, using a png or svg image as an illustration through
- A badge can be awarded, by anyone with the
issuebadgeright, to other users on the wiki which fulfil the e-mail requirements, either through
- Any user can view their awarded badges through
- Anyone can use
api.php?action=openbadgesto access a hosted assertion (that is, an awarded badge), in accordance with the Open Badges specification: 1.1, if the recipient user on the wiki still fulfills the e-mail requirements.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php file:
wfLoadExtension( 'OpenBadges' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Configure as required
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Require recipients to have set an e-mail address (enabled by default)
$wgOpenBadgesRequireEmail = true;
- Require recipients to have confirmed their e-mail address (disabled by default)
$wgOpenBadgesRequireEmailConfirmation = true;
- Set the width (in px) of png thumbnails for svg badge illustrations delivered in badge assertion (400 by default)
$wgOpenBadgesThumb = 400;