Release status: beta
|Implementation||Tag, Special page|
|Description||openstreetmap widget that helps to organize mapping|
|Author(s)||Maximilian Högner (Leberwurschttalk)|
|Latest version||1 (2010-04-16)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Translate the MappingStatus extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
What can this extension do?Edit
MappingStatus is a MediaWiki extension for Openstreetmap. With it being installed, you can use the <mappingstatus> tag to add Openstreetmap maps on wiki pages. An editing GUI is integrated.
To help organizing mapping, users can mark areas on the map and declare how well that region is mapped already.
<mappingstatus id="0"></mappingstatus> somewhere in your wiki page. A map will show up. Click Edit and select the polygon drawing tool in the right upper corner of the map. Draw a polygon by clicking into the map and finish it by double-clicking.
Now select the hand tool and click onto the polygon. A window will show up that allows you to adjust the status symbols, the label and to specify an article to be opened when the polygon is clicked. You can proceed adding further polygons.
When finished, click Save. Now your article contains a map with regions marked, and when you hover these regions, the mapping status is displayed. You can add multiple maps to one wiki page, just make sure you have distinct IDs. IDs must be integers.
Some things can't be set with the GUI currently and must be done by hand:
- to adapt which symbols are displayed, add a line like
symbols Car Housenumbers.
- you can choose between Mapnik, Osmarender and Opencyclemap layers by adding one of:
- you can specify the size of the map in pixels, e.g.
- Go to  and download 'mappingstatus.zip'.
- unzip 'mappingstatus.zip'
- upload the 'mappingstatus' folder into the 'extensions' folder of your mediawiki installation
- add this line to LocalSettings.php: