This extension is currently not actively maintained! Although it may still work, any bug reports or feature requests will more than likely be ignored.
Release status: unmaintained
|Implementation||Ajax, Page action|
|Description||MOCA: Mediawiki Ontology Convergence Assistant|
|Author(s)||Chrysovalanto Kousetti (valantotalk)|
|Latest version||1.0.2 (2007-09-24)|
|Translate the MOCA extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
This extension tries to improve the usability and effect of the Semantic MediaWiki extension.
What can this extension do?Edit
MOCA stands for MediaWiki Ontology Convergence Assistant. This extension tries to improve the usability and effect of the Semantic MediaWiki extension. The Semantic MediaWiki extension provides the clean basis of adding semantic functionality to the MediaWiki package and does not break the authoring style of MediaWiki.
Why was this developed?Edit
This project was developed as part of an internship at the department of ECS of the University of Southampton. The project's supervisor is Dr. David Millard. Other people involved and who assisted in the development where Dr. Yvonne Howard and Swapna Chennupati. This extension is mainly developed to be used by the FREMA wiki but it is created so that it can be used with any Semantic MediaWiki extension implementation.
- Create a new folder in the extensions directory located in the root of your MediaWiki installation and name it “MOCA”. Copy all the extension files to this folder.
- Open the LocalSettings.php file found in the root directory of your wiki installation.
- Make sure that you have already installed the Semantic MediaWiki extension before continuing further with the installation of this extension. Follow the Semantic MediaWiki instructions on how to install the Semantic MediaWiki extension.
- Ajax is not enabled by default so you will have to enable it if not already enabled. If you can find the variable $wgUseAjax anywhere in the LocalSettings.php file make sure that it is set to true.
$wgUseAjax = true;
- Position you indicator after the declaration of the above variable and after the installation line of the Semantic MediaWiki extension that usually looks something like this:
- Finally you can now include the convergence extension with the following include:
- If everything has gone well then the extension should work fine.
|Internet Explorer||OS X||Not tested||None|
|Opera||OS X||Not tested||None|
|Safari||Windows||Yes||The browser must be set to always accept cookies (found in: Edit->Preferences->Security).|
|Safari||OS X||Yes||The browser must be set to always accept cookies (found in: Edit->Preferences->Security).|