Release status: experimental
|Description||GraphQL proxy for the Action API|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0 or later|
|Translate the GraphQL extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
GraphQL extension exposes a
/graphql endpoint in MediaWiki as a proxy for the Action API and REST API.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Only when installing from Git, run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See task T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'GraphQL' );
- Install npm dependencies with
npm installin the extension directory
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The GraphQL endpoint is exposed at
Special:GraphQLwith an alias at
- The GraphQL Sandbox can be accessed at
Special:GraphQLSandbox. The sandbox uses the GraphiQL in-browser GraphQL IDE.
- The federation service endpoint is exposed at
Special:GraphQL/Federationwith an alias at
- A proxy for the Action API and REST API. This extension should not expose functionality that is not already available in the existing APIs. This extension will therefore exist as a convenience to developers making bulk or recursive requests to the existing APIs.
- A federated service. This extension should be compatible with Apollo's Federation Specification or other federated specifications to allow a centralized gateway like Tool:GraphQL to make distributed GraphQL queries.