Release status: experimental
|Description||Allows to encrypt uploaded files with a password|
|Author(s)||WikiTeq team, Vedmaka|
|Compatibility policy||For every MediaWiki release that is a Long Term Support release there is a corresponding branch in the extension.|
|Translate the EncryptedUploads extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The EncryptedUploads extension allows to encrypt uploaded files with a password. The password is visible to the uploader and can be shared with other users from selected groups.
Use of this extension together with UploadWizard requires a patch to the UploadWizard extension. It will work fine for regular uploads with no patch.
This extension was created for WikiWorks.
Warning! Encrypted files will be detected by checkImages.php maintenance script as corrupted ones, that's ok since it's just how the encryption works
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Only when installing from Git, run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See task T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'EncryptedUploads' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
This extension has 1 configuration parameters:
$wgEncryptedUploadsSendMail- Whether to send email with a password to the uploader user ( by default is set to
- Navigate to
Special:Uploadpage as a user with an
- Select file to upload and check
Encrypt uploadcheckbox under the Summary field
- Submit upload. File will be processed, encrypted and you'll see a secret key (visible only for you), share it with others who you want to be able to decrypt & download the uploaded file
Integration with UploadWizardEdit
Integrates with patched version of UploadWizard, but requires a patch for the last ( find patch in
patch folder of the repository )