Release status: experimental
|Description||Allows to encrypt uploaded files with a password|
|Author(s)||WikiTeq team, Vedmaka|
|Translate the EncryptedUploads extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
The EncryptedUploads extension allows to encrypt uploaded files with a password. The password is visible to the uploader and can be shared with other users from selected groups.
Use of this extension together with UploadWizard requires a patch to the UploadWizard extension. It will work fine for regular uploads with no patch.
This extension was created for WikiWorks.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Only when installing from git run Composer to install PHP dependencies, by issuing
composer install --no-devin the extension directory. (See task T173141 for potential complications.)
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'EncryptedUploads' );
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
This extension has 1 configuration parameters:
$wgEncryptedUploadsSendMail- Whether to send email with a password to the uploader user ( by default is set to
- Navigate to
Special:Uploadpage as a user with an
- Select file to upload and check
Encrypt uploadcheckbox under the Summary field
- Submit upload. File will be processed, encrypted and you'll see a secret key (visible only for you), share it with others who you want to be able to decrypt & download the uploaded file
Integration with UploadWizardEdit
Integrates with patched version of UploadWizard, but requires a patch for the last ( find patch in
patch folder of the repository )