Release status: experimental
|Implementation||Page action, User rights|
|Description||Allows users to delete pages only they edited.|
|Author(s)||Tyler Romeo (Parent5446talk)|
|Latest version||1.2.0 (2017-08-18)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Translate the DeleteOwn extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Check usage and version matrix.|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The DeleteOwn extension add a user right deleteown which, if granted, allows users to delete pages that they authored, are the only editor on (excluding minor and bot edits), and have not been moved to another namespace. Also, a configuration option allows this permission to expire, i.e., after the page reaches a certain age the author cannot delete it, even if they are still the only editor.
The extension can be retrieved directly from Git [?]:
- Browse code
- Some extensions have tags for stable releases.
- Browse tags
- Select the tag
- Click "snapshot"
- Each branch is associated with a past MediaWiki release. There is also a "master" branch containing the latest alpha version (might require an alpha version of MediaWiki).
- Browse branches
- Select a branch name
- Click "Continue"
Extract the snapshot and place it in the extensions/DeleteOwn/ directory of your MediaWiki installation.
If you are familiar with git and have shell access to your server, you can also obtain the extension as follows:
cd extensions/ git clone
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Sets how young (in seconds) a page must be for the author to still be able to delete it if they are the only editor. The value can be an integer, which is applied to all pages, or an array mapping namespaces to expiries. Using a value of 0 (or if a namespace is left out of the array in the latter case) has the effect of disabling the expiry.
- Gives users the right to delete pages that
- they authored,
- they are the only editor for (except minor and bot edits),
- have not been moved to another namespace, and
- are younger than the configured expiry, if applicable.