Extension:Create User Page
This extension is maintained by a member of the MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group.
| Create User Page
Release status: stable
|Description||The Create User Page extension checks on login whether the user has a user page and, if not, creates it.|
|Author(s)||Cindy Cicalese (cindy.cicalesetalk)|
|Latest version||3.0 (2021-12-18)|
|Compatibility policy||Snapshots releases along with MediaWiki. Master is not backward compatible.|
|Translate the Create User Page extension if it is available at translatewiki.net|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
The Create User Page extension checks whether the user has a user page and, if not, creates it with the content as specified in
The check is done when the user logs in if
$wgCreateUserPage_OnLogin is set to
true (the default), otherwise the check is done on every page load.
The user account to be used for user page creation can be set with
$wgCreateUserPage_AutoCreateUser which is by default the user itself for whom the page is being created.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'CreateUserPage' );
- Configure as required.
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- The content to put on the user page when it is created. Defaults to
- Check for the existence of the user page whenever the user logs in if
false, check on every page load. Defaults to
- Defines the user account that should be used to create the user's page. If unset the respective user will be attributed to the edit for whom the page is being created. Defaults to
- Version 3.0
- Fix bug where user pages were being created for anonymous users
- Dropped support for MediaWiki 1.34-
- Version 2.0
- Version 1.2
- Version 1.1.1
- Really corrected user page creation to use wikitext instead of text (affects MediaWiki 1.29+)
- Version 1.1
- Corrected user page creation to use wikitext instead of text (affects MediaWiki 1.29+)
- Version 1.0
- Initial version
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|