Quarterly goals April - JuneEdit
We decided not to define them when Sumana was on sabbatical. We must define them now.
- Add GSOC / OPW, a goal beyond "do them". To be discussed. Better selection process. Better preparation for mentors. Better bonding process.
- Something about our first Facebook Open Academy
- Architecture guidelines, performance guidelines
- Project Management Tools: guidelines approved
- Community metrics dashboard, we use it (welcoming newcomers, pushing sprints for bottlenecks...)
- We systematically reach out to FLOSS projects we rely on
Discussion of systematic outreach to upstreams: goal is:
- avoid bug reports falling through the cracks
- give upstreams opportunity to give us special treatment :) and interview us, ask us for case studies, ask us what we want
- have those often-quiet relationships, mailing list subscriptions in place to give us opportunities for summits, security releases, etc.
Let's discuss more and let's update the Engineering Goals next week.
- quite overloaded, impossible list of tasks for this month, although I'd rather keep them than forgetting about them
- many tasks are time based and can't be missed, difficult to delegate because the rest of the team is busy as well
- proposing to pass the Index of Key Upstream Projects task to Andre/Guillaume (tools) and Sumana (components), Quim will send an email summarizing the situation
- Sumana away March 24-28