- Bugzilla was upgraded to 4.4, moved to a new server, and puppetized. It also displays common queries on the front page now.
PM Tools taskEdit
- Not to spend too much time playing with tools and reading their docs
- Use list at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project_management_tools#What_are_the_alternatives_to_Mingle_and_Trello.3F
- Guillaume thinks the array of tools should cover all infrastructure pieces, e.g. grouping like "Bugzilla + Gerrit + ..." when one tool does not cover all pieces.
- List all options discussed, make clear it's a draft; below the cut we have tools that we won't discuss anymore and the reasons for this.
- Guillaume & Andre to make a draft of the list of all tools
- Make a cut (drop/discard some tools from list of candidates).
- Email to teampractices@ to test the waters. "we have 9 tools, can we get to three? We need to clean the list / eliminate and focus the discussion."
- Does the cut make sense? If not why?
- Try to get agreement on the cut.
- when things too silent, too noisy, or consensus: reach out to wider wikitech-l: We started gathering requirements, we worked with the teampractices@ list to prepare candidates, does this make any sense to you?
Then: prototypes and RFC?
- weekly cadence of RFC meetings
- have a defined scope for arch guidelines 1.0
list of requirements & nonreqs for this document -- including whether this needs to exist. person to start with: csteipp. the one who really wanted this to exist. get it out of architects' heads & into a doc to point to so, know what this will need to look like. then use SF visit to fill that out, interview Brion for stuff
- prioritization exercise -- use the clusters, have more sensible clustering. Have areas.
immediately: scoping. what is process for having areas finalized. (tags?) question: for each area, who is architect or acting architect? define areas such that gaps are obvious.
[ask Roan about process of becoming architect]
architecture guidelines out of draft form by April 15? no
- personal goal by April 15: feel like I've improved as MW developer
TODO: Sumana to suggest an ECT/VDC budget for 2014-2015
Reminder: Sumana at Code4Lib in March and PyCon in April
Sumana just read _Switch_ by the Heath brothers