- Come to the Bugzilla office hours today
- Comments on the expanded version of https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Product_development and the new version of https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_contribute ?
- Note: events on https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar (and related pages) now support events spanning multiple days, using the "enddate" parameter
- Skim the open tasks https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Product_development in case you have anything to add!
- IRC bug triage today re LQT (and a blog post! https://blog.wikimedia.org/2013/03/19/help-wikimedia-squash-software-bugs/ )
- Are we using #wikimedia-office per https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Sharihareswara_%28WMF%29/archivedectmeetings_Feb2013#Wikimedia_QA_IRC_channel_or_mail_list_or_open_other_direct_channels.3F ?
- Go ahead and greet every person who shows up even if it feels a little foolish
- Check out https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Agte_lJNpi-OdGpJSHdMZV83UjdTdHc5UFVrdXBwaWc#gid=0 -- ensuring we test a variety of features and balance testability, urgency, movement goals, etc.? (Including exploratory testing & test automation)
- Check Measuring success of QA activities: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Strategy#Measuring_success
Previous volunteer eventsEdit
Number of people who tried to upload at least one picture (new users): 34. 9 for iOS and 28 for Android.
21 non-WMF people used the mobile web upload features, and they uploaded a total of 30 images.
QA: Browser automation testing for Wikipedia Search http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Browser_testing/Search_features Was it successful? https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/QA/Browser_testing/Search_features#Evaluation
- Chris wanted to see ~10 edits to the backlog page http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Qa/test_backlog
- 6 scenarios added from the exercise
- How many people whom we didn't expect make the edits? And how many of them are not WMFers? Goal: 5 scenarios written by 5 volunteers
- 7 participants, one not connected to WMF
- "7" includes Valerie & Sucheta.
- Note: the IRC channel was observed, and at least one non-participant IRC observer complimented the exercise.
In the future: let's try doing it in longer form, not so synchronous
Next volunteer eventEdit
What's the next exercise? https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Calendar How will we do outreach?
- Features testing partnering with Weekend Testing scheduled Apr 6, targeting E3 projects "New Tools for New Users" or similar . Public announcements week of Mar 25.
- predefine what data we want so we can get it from partner teams better
- Quim has set up meetings with all mentor/mentee pairs, an all-hands at end
- Andre would like to clarify: Are we (Chris, Ram, Andre, etc) fine with http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Search and https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Ram , the current status of bug reports after initial cleanup, and Search testing infrastructure [plans], or is there any further discussion or meeting wanted by involved parties?
- Of these 4 components, 2 deal with Lucene
- move to subpage of Search
- Chris would like to know from Ram what bugs are to be addressed in the very near future.
- Andre, what are the candidates for fixing in the very near term? (before we switch to Solr.)
- Let's aim to document the weird ways search works now so we can decide on behavior for the future.
Search is nominally functioning on beta labs, but should be tested using enwiki as a reference. https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34250 Andre at some point wants to push for consensus to reduce # of search components in BZ
- ask Ram & Chad
Bugzilla admin rightsEdit
From February conversation:
- Come up with guidelines and requirements who should be Bugzilla admin and why. Nothing in place currently, number growing -> coordination and security issue, plus do non-employees need an NDA? RFC planned for later this week by Andre.
- No feedback by Geoff. Philippe said that an NDA is definitely needed (Bugzilla admin = access to Security bug reports), and "whether we want to even allow it" (non-WMF Bugzilla admins) "at all, that's an Engineering decision", so the ball is back in our court.
- Is it possible to have a lower level of access than admin that will still be helpful?
- Decision: Andre to come up with proposed policy and bring it up at an Ops meeting, where they will probably agree, and then implement it.
Vacations & conferencesEdit
- Easter Holidays from Fri March29 - Mon April01 (that's public holidays here)
OSBridge talk deadline extended http://opensourcebridge.org/blog/2013/03/were-extending-our-call-for-proposals/ Saturday, March 23 at 11:59 p.m. Texas Linux Fest: deadline April 1st
Consider http://2013.texaslinuxfest.org/ , Valerie! Željko:
out of office for Platform Engineering team meeting this week, attending local bi-monthly software tester's meetup
May 24-26, Amsterdam Hackathon
June 10-12, Selenium Conference
Submitted talks/workshops for a couple of local open source conferences, waiting for reply (May 15-17, September 06-07)
Apr 22-25 (Google Test Automation Conference, NYC)
May 2-5 (Telerik Test Summit Peer Conference, Austin TX)
May 24-26 Amsterdam Hackathon
Aug 4-10 Agile2013 (not certain but likely)
- Somewhat out of communication Thursday & Friday due to SMWCon in NYC