TLDR meeting, 10 April 2012
Attending: Mark, Sumana, Guillaume, Chris
List of projectsEdit
- Testing infrastructure/automation
- Feature testing efforts
- 20% time wrangling
- 1.19 stuff: deployment & release support
- 1.20 deployment
- Git and Gerrit migration
- Bug Triage
- Bugzilla application management
- Wikimedia blog maintenance
- Training documentation
- Monthly report
- Communications support
- Engineering activity documentation
- Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)
- Conferences in general
- Gerrit project owner groups
- Dev community metrics
Who's doing what (this week)Edit
Chris: Testing infrastructure/automation, feature testing efforts Mark: 1.19 Deployment support, bug triage, BZ application management, volunteer recruitment/encouragement (bug squad) Guillaume: Communications support, engineering activity documentation, blog maintenance RobLa: Recruiting/hiring, 1.19 deployment followup, Git migration Sumana: Volunteer recruiting and encouragement (including GSoC and UCOSP), hackathons and events/conferences in general, Gerrit project ownership, 20% time wrangling Claudia: dev cmty metrics
Presented browser test automation prototype, following up with more info to participants. Working on Labs - top priority for Chris.
Continue working with Labs in greater detail: test data and ongoing maintenance are key. Clarified status on activity page
Nag in a month for blog post.
Feature testing effortsEdit
SWIFT, TimedMediaHandler, Editor Engagement (AFTv5),
Following up on TMH errors found, more Labs wrangling.
Might be in SF week of May 7 for heavy Labs work.
Chris getting into mobile stuff this week.
20% time wranglingEdit
Sumana discussion on wikitech-l about backlog on the extension review queue Sumana has done cleanup, talked to Howie, Rob, Tim
- Mark will push for ShortURL
1.19 stuff: deployment & release supportEdit
last couple of bugs being addressed https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/query.cgi?resolution=---&target_milestone=1.19.0%20release 2 there - Trevor met with Roan & JS people
- Mark to ping Trevor and Timo
- This is Mark's highest priority -- but nothing happened on either one of these :( even after I pinged them.
Timo has no time to work on this.
- Mark: (Talk to Sam about how to proceed.)
- Guillaume will take a look at the MW1.19 page this week, with Sumana
So apparently, we're going to start deploying 1.20 next week. Rob will ask Guillaume for communications support. Sumana talked about how to move forward - initial steps
- Mark to create rough 1.20 talking points (things to watch out for) just after this meeting
- Guillaume to possibly talk with Sumana after meeting about 1.20 talking points
Git and Gerrit migrationEdit
Sumana handing over project management to Chad.
Request for Guillaume to work with Sumana, Chad to help with documentation on MediaWiki.org - Guillaume doesn't have time for much
- Sumana to try to get Chad to take on reorg, use G as resource to restructure pages/info
maybe no public bug triage this week -- following up on dataleak bugs
Bugzilla application managementEdit
Git integration? API doesn't have the stuff in it that Mark wants.... there might be another approach bz package - there is none for Bugzilla 4 (not bugmeister work). Get this puppetized in Labs. Just put it on the bz-dev server last night, going to work on puppet today.
Wikimedia blog maintenanceEdit
Guillaume resumed work on this -- finish plugin & feature research & create RT tickets for install & setup, follow up on requests, continue to draft specs and timeline for blog analytics, hopefully also finish the layout rewrite but more likely to be next week
Need to work on Git docs - asking Guillaume for help... later (via Chad)
Coming up in April & May: work on ResourceLoader/Gadgets 2.0 docs & security training docs
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_engineering_report/2012/March is out, thanks. Please keep adding status updates for this month.
side activity: Guillaume preparing howto for Andrew White to switch the staff IRC channel to private (yay!)
Engineering activity documentationEdit
Rob; not in this meeting Sumana should get started on event manager, bugmeister, some contract help for the next few months
Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)Edit
Sumana doing general planning, outreach now that Berlin reg form is settled, volunteer sponsorship-wrangling
Conferences in generalEdit
Sumana should tell Erik and recruiters what we should sponsor. (Need to do soon)
Gerrit project owner groupsEdit
Sumana started regular ownership-addition procedure; will run through these whenever new ones get added
Sumana running developer access queue Sumana & Mark continuing to do this. Mark: finding people to work on bug squad, need to start producing goals for the squad and having measurable progress towards them (somewhat lower priority)
Proposals finished. Sumana needs to set up and run evaluation process
End of term
Dev community metricsEdit
- read tldr notes from the last weeks as well as many (not all) mails from wikitech-l - in the middle of collecting, reading and distilling probably useful measures from various research related to bug management in oos - I plan to: update my user page with metrics and finish first overview analyses from bugzilla
- Chris - Might be in SF week of May 7 for heavy Labs work.
- Sumana to be in SF this month - Apr 18? - 25?