TLDR meeting, 13 March 2012
Attending: Guillaume, Mark, Sumana, Chris McMahon, RobLa
List of projectsEdit
- QA FY 2013 planning
- Code review meistering
- 1.19 stuff: deployment & release support
- Git and Gerrit migration
- SWIFT deployment support
- TMH testing
- Editor Engagement testing
- Bug Triage
- Individual developer assignment work (what bugs are assigned to whom)
- Testing infrastructure
- Bugzilla application management
- Wikimedia blog maintenance
- Training documentation
- Monthly report
- Communications support
- Engineering project documentation
- Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)
- Conferences in general
- Commit Access
- Dev community metrics
Who's doing what (this week)Edit
Chris: QA fiscal year 2013 planning, testing project for TimedMediaHandler, working with Antoine to get testing infrastructure in place on Labs, testing Editor Engagement software Mark: 1.19 Deployment support, bug triage Guillaume: communications support, engineering project documentation, staff photos, meetings meetings meetings RobLa: Recruiting/hiring, 1.19 deployment followup, Git migration, Budget, meetings meetings meetings Sumana: Commit access, volunteer recruiting and encouragement (including GSoC and UCOSP), hackathons and events/conferences in general, engineering project documentation (git)
Fiscal Year 2013 planningEdit
Rob, Sumana, Chris have to have prelim plans by 20 March
Code review meisteringEdit
Mark coordinating with RobLa.
Slush is still in effect -- we want people to arrange reviewers before they push anything that’s not a little bugfix. Reviewers, please revert anything that isn’t.
1.19 stuff: deployment & release supportEdit
- Beta/Alpha out - some new bugs found!
- saper has been looking at pg bugs and fixing them :)
- Triage scheduled and announced with 18 regressions
- Started spamming gadget authors about http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/JEDL
- Will make a complete list of people identified as gadget contributors on enwiki and commons at least.
Git and Gerrit migrationEdit
We have the opportunity to do more training. Set expectations: March-April: more training, productivity hit
top priority for sumana chasing a bunch of work
Antoine (really dedicated to that this week)
- working on the workflow, specifically for the i18n team
- working on test integration
- make sure the project owner groups are right
- make sure the repository browser (gitweb) gives user what they need
no time to hold tutorials this week; if people want to do one, they should be encouraged to do it
Chad is out this week
SWIFT deployment supportEdit
Trying to move to Swift originals at end of May, effort soon (this month) to test it on deployment infrastructure
Dev is complete, extension is available on Commons Lab, there's a bit of a test plan
Editor Engagement testingEdit
Chris met with Fabrice et al., figuring out stuff. There are features in various states of progress being tracked in lots of different docs.
Tomorrow! 18 regressions.
Individual developer assignment work (what bugs are assigned to whom)Edit
Mark had several meetings, >6 last week, with devs, figuring out what they were working on & could help with.
Emulation wikis on Commons - updating of wikis to new versions, undocumented ad hoc process. Chris aims to get that standardized, and aims to eventually make those the standard testing env for staff, volunteers, & Chris http://labs.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:SiteMatrix
Bugzilla application managementEdit
Mark has an RT ticket to get himself shell access.
Wikimedia blog maintenanceEdit
The skin rewrite is on hold for now; not time-critical, and Guillaume is using his time in SF for work that requires more interaction; will be resumed in early April (after vacation, and March report)
Nothing this week
We need to improve our installation instructions for MediaWiki. explain dependencies, order, why apt-get MW isn't a good idea, etc. (there's a nice doc about installing 1.16)
- TODO: Chris says he will actually do this! -- less urgent
February is done, thanks! Please continue to add updates for your work as regularly as possible.
Guillaume having meetings with the Social Media team, the communications team, etc.
Wikimania common submission writing sprint later today
Engineering project documentationEdit
- updating project pages
- creating / organizing / updating Mobile project pages with Phil after meeting with Phil & Tomasz
- adding some more red links automation to the templates
- discussion about merging wikis & consolidating project doc on wikitech 2.0
(There were pages we didn't know about! Now we can just standardize & facilitate that.)
Hackathons/events (January SF, Pune, Berlin, Wikimania)Edit
Sumana doing general planning
Conferences in generalEdit
Sumana continuing to reach out and help arrange talks at upcoming events. March 16 & 18 deadlines!
Extra-long meeting last week to discuss how to deal with project ownership additions, changes, and removals in the new Git/Gerrit future
Sumana continuing to do this.
Waiting for approval. Varnent backup org admin
Wiktionary template social engineering held up on friction with the Wiktionary community
Dev community metricsEdit
On hold, waiting for Claudia to do some Bugzilla-related stuff in March
- Rob out-of-office week of Mar 26
- Guillaume: vacation / travel March 15th–25th
Talking about merging labsconsole & wikitech, and centralizing engineering project documentation -- later today in TL;DR strategy meeting