Email is an important part of MediaWiki's operation. Users are emailed when they register and on other various events, and users can also send emails to one another. Extensions also exist that do other email functions, like enabling users to add pages by emailing the page contents to the wiki.
The following pages provide information and links on using email:
- Manual:Configuration settings#Email settings - a listing of settings related to email setup
- Manual:$wgSMTP - documentation on using a direct SMTP server for sending emails
- API:Email - documentation on using the MediaWiki API to send emails
- Category:Email extensions - the main category of extensions that involve email handling
- Manual:Hooks/EmailUser - a hook that occurs whenever a user attempts to email another user
- Special:EmailUser - a way to send email