This is the weekly update for the week starting 2019-06-10
- Trey has finished his first analysis of a proposal to strip diacritics in Slovak for searching. Slovak searchers don't always use them, but removing them causes new problems for stemming. Read more on MediaWiki  or Phabricator —and join the discussion if you speak Slovak!
- Mathew worked on creating a Cookbook to restart WDQS after applying updates or doing a deployment 
- The team worked with Analytics to port usage of mediawiki_CirrusSearchRequestSet to mediawiki_cirrussearch_request 
- When a new item is created, we have functionality to instant-index it synchronously, even if with partial information, so it appears quickly in the index - Stas worked on getting the un-redirected items to be instant-indexed 
- CirrusSearch\SearcherTest::testSearchText PHPUnit tests take a long time to run and is slowing down change processing in CI - David helped to make it faster 
- It is currently not possible to evaluate all items without labels, so we investigated adding haslabel:all and determined that matching an _all field and a descriptions_all field worked well 
- We removed old settings ($wgLexemeUseCirrus and $wgLexemeDisableCirrus) as they were both set to true for production (no longer applicable / out of date) 
- David fixed an issue where suggested article are no longer shown, API Usage for the morelike search endpoint has dropped since train deploy of 1.34.0-wmf.7 -- by accident. 
- Geodata not being returned for some files - David merged in a few patches to be sure that we don't lose CoordinatesOutput when multiple slots are available 
- An old request to fix where Special:Search doesn't use labels and descriptions for suggestions but just the item ID was worked on by Stas and was enabled 
- A PHP notice in MW-Vagrant when searching with CirrusSearch was happening in the action API and web serach interface. Thanks for fixing it, Ottomata!