This is the weekly update for the week starting 2018-12-10
- Rare Character Search? Have you ever wanted to search for "rare" characters on-wiki—like the Ankh (☥), unusual punctuation like a ditto mark (〃), or uncommon whitespace characters like an 'en space'? We're trying to gauge interest in a potential future feature that would make finding them easier. Join the conversation on Phabricator , English Wikipedia or Wiktionary, or Commons (links at ).
- Gehel and David worked on configuring LVS endpoints for new ElasticSearch clusters 
- David worked on adding a noop surrogate_merger as a BC tokenfilter for WMF indices as part of the work needed for upgrading to ES6 
- David got some help from others and worked on adding in all three elasticsearch cluster to labs services 
- David also worked on adding a job cirrusSearchLinksUpdate: Failed creating job from description ("Page does not exist")