< Discovery | Status updates
This is the weekly update for the week starting 2017-07-17
- Quarterly Review check-in's were presented this week (links forthcoming).
- Had a good conversation on how we want to do an upcoming A/B test to have search results interleaved (task T150032)
- Also had a really interesting conversation on how we should move forward with metrics and KPIs for the Search Platform and Discovery.
- After extensive help and feedback from the Japanese Wikipedia community, we decided not to deploy the new Japanese language analyzer. (T166731)
- After testing and analysis, we are not going to deploy the Vietnamese language analyzer (task T170423)
- Did some quick analysis of the RelForge impact of initial learning-to-rank model (task T169103)
- Completed a high level task of organizing necessary adjustments to the ElasticsSearch learning-to-rank plugin(task T162062)
- Updated the Wikidata code to take advantage of nested fields noop script (task T166589)
- Analyzing the new Kuromoji Japanese language analyzer is done, just waiting to merge the updated configuration (task T166731#3439190)
- A/B test for the new search results Explore Similar feature continues (task T149809) after fixing a minor bug
- Fixed a mapping bug when using text for 'did you mean' suggestions (task T155489)
- Updated the 'cirrussearch-explore-similar-languages-none' message to be more meaningful (will be deployed the week of July 25, 2017) (task T169302)
- To track sister project search feature, the Search Metrics dashboard now shows traffic to various Wikimedia projects from Wikipedia search results pages: https://discovery.wmflabs.org/metrics/#sister_search_traffic
- We found what lowered full-text search PaulScores – it was a change of event logging sampling rates (decreasing enwiki and increasing all other wikis). (T168466)
- Investigated the seemingly odd statistic of mobile web having the highest usage of the sister project snippets in the search results page; conclusion: nothing to worry about, everything is being logged correctly. (task T170183)
- The Wikipedia portal stats (task T128546) and translations (task T142582) were updated on July 18, 2017
- A usage policy was recently changed for the relief data layer that we use in maps to now require an API key; a key was procured and Max S helped us get it into production. This only effected maps on Wikivoyage. (task T170976)
- View all open tickets related to Discovery.
- Looking to get involved? See tasks marked as Easy or volunteer needed