This is the weekly update for the week starting 2017-03-13
- ElasticSearch 5.1.2 is now serving all wikis from the codfw datacenter, the completion suggester has been disabled during the transition and will be re-enabled very soon. The cluster in eqiad will be upgraded next week; announced on wikitech-l and discovery mail lists
- Started a second A/B test for sister project search results on selected wikis, announced on wikitech-l, discovery, and wikitech-ambassadors mail lists.
- Took a wrong turn on some updates to the Swedish analysis chain (T155822), but got set right with some helpful input from native speakers (T160562) and completed the analysis of enabling ICU folding on Swedish, which we are in the process of deploying. Actual updates to the Swedish wikis will follow.
- updated several minor UI bugs for second A/B test for sister project search results: (task T158937), (task T158935)
- turned on second A/B test for sister project search results (task T160005) for a week of testing on 8 wikis: persian, italian, catalan, polish, arabic, french, german, russian; more information in parent ticket (task T160004)
- updated the portal dashboard to now show sister project clickthroughs (task T152617) and app links (task T154634)
- updated external traffic dashboard to add note about internally referred traffic being mis-categorized (task T154722)
- created a new dashboard to display the usage stats for Wikidata Query Service (WDQS) end point (SPARQL and LDF) usage (task T156300)
- finalizing the analysis of the first A/B test for the sister project search results (draft link in comments of ticket) (task T156300)
- completed a variety of updates to the Portal for RTL, icons and caching: (task T159601), (task T129771), (task T154349), (task T153764), (task T158782), (task T158810)
- updated the portal's translations (task T142582) and statistics (task T128546)
- Tasmania was accidentally flooded in Wikimedia maps. Through careful work, we managed to drain the excess water successfully. (T159631)
Other Noteworthy Stuff
- Stas shared some thoughts on design for improved Wikidata search using ElasticSearch backend