Latest Version (3.3.1-1) edit
Been live on beta since Thursday – please test if you haven't already.
It's a big one. Will send email post-release.
Next release/blocking edit
Possibly another release before 3.4.0. Depends on bugfixes, etc.
- Canary doesn't rollback if you don't continue - enhancement probably needed
- Allow failures for a percentage of targets - enhancement related, somewhat
- Scap rollback behavior
- canonical target list (ops controls targets)
- In etcd
- LVS does know specific hosts
- --version flag
- TODO Cherry picking on deployment host doesn't work for targets
- Rollback failures happen when a host is unreachable, which means that it gives up without restoring all hosts.
- Why something failed (different types of errors)
- Doesn't continue rollback for targets that pass the stage
- connection failure vs. threshold
- does the threshold take care of scap understanding the different type of errors?
- TODO Add SHA1 to deployment messages
Needs review edit
Soon™/Wishlist/On the radar/Updates edit
For 3.4.0 release edit
- In progress scap deploy-local should make fewer assumptions (debt)
- Canonical target list (debt)]
- Flatten MedaWiki deploy into a single git repo
As Always edit
- Phase 2
- Phase 1
- Workboard https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/scap3/
- Etherpad backed up to https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Deployment_tooling/Cabal
- Future document https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Deployment_tooling/Future
- Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MlEsFxrLvdZdV_G82WEAIvBXr7ArO7nCEKaFClHhJEw/edit#gid=0