Nearby Pages provides a quick way to see pages that are geographically close to the page you are currently on.
- Provide access to articles which are geographically nearby the current
- Display article locations relative to each other on a map
- Try something like an edge menu but from the right side
- Allow user to use current location rather than article location
- Allow user to search map to discover articles nearby a specific location
- Utilize map function to add geolocation to article which does not currently have location information
- Surface geolocated content from sister projects such as commons and wikivoyage
Design (work in progress)Edit
The designs are in chronological order. See the last row for the latest iteration.
Based on A:
|C||(a)||Experimenting with the edge menu|
|D||(a)||Based on B and feedback from Jdlrobson and MSyed (WMF)
|E||(a)||Based on D and feedback from Jaredzimmerman (WMF) and MSyed (WMF)
Get in TouchEdit
Even though all the feedback should stay on the talk page there are some other places where you can follow the progress as well -