- Agenda bashing and action item check 21:00 (5 minutes)
- Last week+this week’s RfC office hour 21:05 (5 minutes)
- RfC inbox triage 21:10 (10 minutes)
- Shepherd assignments 21:20 (5 minutes)
- Queue for future RfC office hours 21:25 (5 minutes)
- Other business 21:30 (10 minutes)
- Next week’s ArchCom agenda 21:40 (10 minutes)
Agenda details/Meeting summaryEdit
- This section equates to the "meeting summary" section in the meeting note template. It's collaboratively edited during the meeting and serves as the official public notes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions). Put any prep information in this section if appropriate
- Last week: Phab:E150
- This week: Phab:E152
- Weekly shepherding checkin: Phab:T125865
- RfC triage + meeting scheduling
- Queue for future RfC office hours:
- Other business 0:30 (10 minutes)
- Next week’s ArchCom agenda 0:40 (10 minutes)
RFC status updateEdit
- T130567: WIP RFC: Hygienic transclusions for WYSIWYG, incremental parsing & composition: High-level companion task to T114444 DOM scopes and T114445 Balanced templates. Moving to “Needs shepherd”. Tim?
- T16950: Support global preferences: "It would be nice if users and developers could designate certain preferences to automatically apply across all wikis. This will require A Lot of Work™. Extension:GlobalPreferences is a rough draft of the functionality." Leaving in inbox, RobLa will ask Kunal.
Today's IRC session:Edit
Open discussion about the following RFCs
- T124504 Transition WikiDev '16 working areas into working groups
- T123753 Establish retrospective reports for Security and Performance incidents
- T119908 [RfC]: Migrate code review / management to Phabricator from Gerrit
- T120164 RfC: Institute "last call" period for MediaWiki RfCs (WIP)
Much of the discussion was on T119908: [RfC]: Migrate code review / management to Phabricator from Gerrit, and some on T123753 (retrospectives). RobLa has posted a full summary of the discussion on phabricator.
Entering Final Comment Period:Edit
Every week the team announces the 'final comment period' for RFCs which are reaching a decision. After the week-long period, the ArchCom makes a final decision based on the discussion. Express your opinions now. This week's FCPs are:
- T129435 RFC: Drop support for running without mbstring (Gabriel): The PHP mbstring module enables multi-lingual string handling. Given good distribution support and significant performance benefits, most participants have expressed support for requiring the module. If you think that we should continue to provide fall-backs despite relatively poor performance, then please comment now.
- T122942 RFC: Support language variants in the REST API (Gabriel): Different options for supporting language variant selection in the REST API. Needed for languages like Chinese.
- T39902 RFC: Implement rendering of redlinks (in a post-processor?) (Gabriel): Solutions for highlighting links to non-existing pages in Parsoid HTML. Main question is preprocessing vs. separate metadata processed on client. Parsing and Services teams investigating performance trade-offs.
- T130663 WIP RFC: Reference API requirements and options (Timo): Working with Gabriel and others to better define the scope of the RFC and come up with a solid proposal. Relates to other on-going product goals and may be delayed on better clarification on those and gathering of other use cases / requirements.
- T18691 RFC: Section headings should have a clickable anchor (Timo): Working on better understanding of the problem space and possible solutions. Volker gathered various considerations and challenges on the RFC’s talk page at mediawiki.org. Check them out!
- T124504 Transition WikiDev '16 working areas into working groups (RobLa): Highlighting in E152
- T66214 Use content hash based image / thumb URLs & define an official thumb API (Brion): No changes in the last week.
- T124792 Service Locator for MediaWiki core (Daniel): Discussed in E150 last week. Daniel is interested in a possible working group; will discuss at Hackathon.
- T113034 RFC: Overhaul Interwiki map, unify with Sites and WikiMap (Daniel): No update since March 17.
No activity since March 16:Edit
- T122825 Service ownership and minimum maintenance requirements (Gabriel)
- T128351 RFC: Notifications in core (Brion)
- T118517 RFC: Use <figure> for media (Brion)
- T88596 Improving extension management (Daniel)
- T114444 RFC: Introduce notion of DOM scopes in wikitext (Tim)
- T130528 RFC: PSR-6 Cache interface in Mediawiki core (No shepherd)