People present: Brion, Robla, S
Minutes from last week: Architecture committee/2015-08-05
Pending action itemsEdit
- Brion to chat with Terry Gilbey
- Gabriel to meet with Trevor and others about content, then establish front-end ongoing WG to drive T99088
- done, "Content WG: Templating, Page Components & editing" meeting
RFCs to triageEdit
IRC meeting schedulingEdit
- phab:T107595 Daniel's "RFC: Multi-Content Revisions"
- we think, spage will follow up
- Code of conduct, Code_of_conduct_for_technical_spaces/Draft
Architecture committee future: how to tackle big pieces.
- 'Evolving our content platform" (phab:T99088 piece of phab:T105845 ) is a test case for this, having actual meetings about doing the work,timeboxed to two months.
- risk of loudest voices winning the meeting
- Robla: e-mail to wikitech-l is the record, but we haven't been using it very well
- Robla: How to make architectural progress with the different factions, roughly: old-school, nouveau technologists, earnest non-profit
- Brion: cross-team exploratory group can be fruitful; Gabriel: yes, this content platform meeting
- Robla: from IETF experience, a weekly teleconference to keep the momentum going, but also document publicly, and make decisions on mailing list
- We'll bear all this in mind in tomorrow's "Content WG: Templating, Page Components & editing" meeting. (Robla can't attend tomorrow or the next meeting)
- Discuss on mailing list or in Phabricator comments?
- "Keeping up" via e-mail is a familiar habit, people can be unaware of discussion in Phabricator comments
None of this applies when engineers submit major change in gerrit patch and get another's +2.
- Is that a problem
- Robla: lighten the RFC process
New action itemsEdit
- spage email Tim to confirm RFC office hour next week and point out it's gone from WMF Engineering calendar