Architecture Repository edit
Wikimedia systems architecture documentation
What is system architecture? edit
System architecture is the translation of strategy into technology. Learn more about system architecture
Featured artifacts edit
To add an artifact, visit the Artifacts page.
About this repository edit
This page and its subpages began with the System Architecture Team at the Wikimedia Foundation. The goals of the team and repository were:
- Mature the architecture practice at WMF: Establish and improve architectural practice throughout the Wikimedia Foundation by providing modeling support, educational workshops, and process design.
- Evolve the Wikimedia system architecture: Plan and design for the future of Wikimedia systems. Bring architectural thinking into the strategy development process, noting potential architectural consequences of strategic initiatives and pointing out strategic opportunities related to architectural choices.
While the Systems Architecture team has been dissolved, this repository remains a source of analyses, systemic thinking, and discussion about the evolution of Wikimedia technical systems.
List of pages edit
- Artifacts/Abstract Wikipedia Architecture
- Artifacts/Enabling strategic product goals with architecture patterns
- Artifacts/Evolving towards a target architecture
- Artifacts/Knowledge store
- Artifacts/Phoenix books
- Artifacts/Structured content proof of value
- Artifacts/What is MediaWiki?
- Artifacts/Wikimedia technical systems: Architecture analysis
- Patterns/Canonical data modeling
- Patterns/Event-based interactions
- Patterns/Loose coupling
- Process/Architecture practice
- Process/Glossary and toolset
- Process/Maturity model
- Process/Services for projects and teams
- Process/What is system architecture?
- Strategy/Narratives/Fighting disinformation and misinformation
- Strategy/Narratives/New editor experiences: Creating an article
- Strategy/Narratives/New editor experiences: Editing citations
- Strategy/Narratives/Wikipedia in the classroom