Amsterdam Hackathon 2013/Scholarships
Wikimedia Hackathon Amsterdam 2013 Scholarships Programme
The Wikimedia Hackathon Amsterdam 2013 is a developers meeting held on 24–26 May, 2013. The organisation of the hackathon is offering a limited number of scholarships to offset the cost of selected individuals' attendance at the developers meeting.
- Accommodation scholarship: We pay your hotel. You will stay in a 6-person dorm room. This includes breakfasts.
- Travel scholarship: We pay your travel to Amsterdam.
- Full scholarship: Accommodation + travel scholarship
The anticipated timeline for the scholarship programme is as follows:
- Registration for the Hackathon (including scholarship) opens: 7 March
- Register before this date to be sure to have a pot: 20 April
- If we still have money, you might be able to get a scholarship after this date.
- Hackathon: 24–26 May
Goals of the programmeEdit
- To make the Amsterdam Hackathon 2013 a successful and productive international developers meeting
- To support the Wikimedia projects by encouraging participation
- To enrich the hackathon with attendance by a diverse group of participants in the Wikimedia movement
About application for scholarshipEdit
Eligibility (who can apply for a scholarship): Any active contributor to a Wikimedia project and/or Wikimedia volunteer in any other capacity, from anywhere in the world, is considered eligible. Participants in other free software projects or people who want to become active are also encouraged to apply.
The applications will be evaluated using these criteria:
- Cost: How much does it cost us to pay for someone (5 people from Europe is the same cost as one person from Australia)
- Activity (past and future): How much did someone contribute in the past (our guru's) and what do we expect in the future (get new developers).
- Diversity: We want to have a a good balance between people with large experience in the Wikimedia / MediaWiki community and people that are newbies in our context but have a good track in other interesting projects.
- Skills: Skills related to the core topics of the event.
We reserve the right to deviate from these criteria.
Use the registration form to apply for a scholarship.