API:Web APIs hub
|This page is part of the Web APIs hub.|
Equip your projects with free knowledge
|Free multilingual information
on Wikipedia and sister projects
|Free images and media files
on Wikimedia Commons
|Free structured data|
||Analyze in detail our entire Wikimedia datasets.||Extend and contribute to hundreds of Wikimedia free software projects.|
This shows the API results that search results use to display additional information about articles, including a lead image and a description of the article's subject from Wikidata.
This shows how to query the MediaWiki API for nearby articles
- More: the WikimediaKiosk cycles through a variety of interesting projects and data visualizations.
- The MediaWiki action API (documentation) is a collection of API modules on each wiki that let you query and manipulate its content. Check API:Action API for a list of available Action APIs.
- The Wikidata API (documentation) consists of several such modules running on Wikidata wiki that let you query and manipulate language-independent information.
- The RESTBase content API (generated documentation) runs on each wiki so you can retrieve page content quickly and easily.
- You can search wiki content using various modules in the action API, and Wikidata has its own Wikidata query service. Search and discovery provides an overview.
There are many other ways to contribute to MediaWiki.