Release status: stable
|Description||Enhances parser with logical and string functions|
|Latest version||1.6.0 (2014-03-28)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0|
Translate the ParserFunctions extension if it is available at translatewiki.net
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Open tasks · Report a bug|
The ParserFunctions extension enhances the wikitext parser with helpful functions, mostly related to logic and string-handling. Since MediaWiki 1.15, ParserFunctions has incorporated most (but not all) of the functions from the StringFunctions extension, which may be enabled or disabled (See the install instructions below).
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called ParserFunctions in your extensions/ folder.
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
wfLoadExtension( 'ParserFunctions' );
- Configure as required, e.g. if you want to use the integrated string function functionality, add just after that line:
$wgPFEnableStringFunctions = true;
- Done - Navigate to "Special:Version" on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Allows to activate the integrated string function functionality (see StringFunctions). The default value is
- Defines the maximum length of a string that string functions are allowed to operate on. The default value is
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|